Sports Premium 2016/17
At Longlands we want all of our children to enjoy healthy and fulfilling lives. We want our children to enjoy participating in physical activity, understanding its benefits whilst fulfilling their potential and developing exemplary sportsmanship.
We encourage participation through:
• Building the capabilities and competencies of our teachers to deliver high quality games and PE lessons to develop skills and fitness
• Developing a range of extra-curricular and lunchtime clubs around the school day including: football, netball, multi-skills, tennis, gymnastics, Fit Fingers.
• Taking opportunities across our curriculum for children to enjoy active and healthy activities
• Swimming is part of our curriculum across Key Stage 2
• Organising an annual Sports Days allowing all children the opportunity to participate and compete against other children
We also encourage high levels of participation in sports and competition through:
• Delivery of a high quality games and PE curriculum where children regularly have the chance to participate and compete against one another in a competitive sporting environment
• A range of sports competitions which include: cross country, football, rounders, tag rugby, cricket and athletics.
• We are members of the WDPSSA which has a programme of inter-school competitions for a range of sports
• Participation in the local Football leagues for children in KS2
• Our children compete at all levels – intra-school, inter-school and at county level.
• Excellence is achieved through supporting children to work with other sporting organisations e.g. Saracens, Chance to Shine
• We celebrate all our childrens’ sporting achievements through newsletters and assemblies.
In 2016/17 we received funding of £8742 to support School Sport and PE. We have used this funding to buy-in the expertise of a high quality sports coach from Pathways Plus for two and a half days per week. This has enabled teachers from Reception to Year 6 to improve their knowledge and expertise so that they can deliver excellent teaching and learning experiences to our children in future years.